This wikiHow teaches you how to get a girlfriend in Grand Theft Auto (GTA) V. Keep in mind that the process of getting a girlfriend in GTA V involves going to a strip club, which contains mature content.
How to Get a Girlfriend in Grand Theft Auto (GTA) 5
- Go to the Vanilla Unicorn strip club. Unlike in GTA IV, the only way to have a "girlfriend" in GTA V is by interacting with one of the stripper non-playable characters (NPCs) in the Vanilla Unicorn. You can find the Vanilla Unicorn next to the Olympic Freeway in Strawberry, Los Santos.
- The Vanilla Unicorn is marked by a high-heel shoe on your minimap.
- Approach a woman. Find someone in the club to whom you want to talk and walk up to her. When you're close enough, she will ask if you want a private dance.
- Accept the dance. When prompted, press the key or button that appears on-screen to accept a private dance from the woman.
- Private dances cost $40 in-game. If you have less than $40, you won't be prompted to accept the dance.
Use the "Touch" and "Flirt" options. When the bouncer isn't watching you, hold the "Touch" key or button to begin filling up the "Like" bar. If the bouncer is watching you, you can repeatedly press the "Flirt" button or key to increase the "Like" bar's progress in small increments.
- Use the "Touch" option whenever the bouncer isn't looking at you.
- Avoid the bouncer. The bouncer will periodically walk by, stop, turn, and look into the private room for a few seconds before leaving again. Make sure that you don't touch the woman while he's looking at you.
- If the bouncer sees you use the "Touch" option three times, you will be thrown out of the club, at which point you will have to re-enter the club and try again.
- Fill up the "Like" bar before the dance ends. If you're able to fill up the bar before the end of the dance, the woman will mention that she wants you to join her at her house.
- If you don't manage to fill up the "Like" bar, you can request another dance and try again.
- Around 50 percent of the NPCs in the strip club will make this offer. If you don't hear it, try the dance again, or try another NPC.
- Select Go home with [name] when prompted. After the dance is over, you will see this option if you were able to fill the "Like" bar in time. Press the corresponding key or button to accept the offer.
- Wait for the woman behind the club. The woman will meet you behind the club after you indicate that you want to go home with her, so drive up behind the club and park until she comes out.
- Follow the route to her house. Your GPS will automatically direct you to her house, so just follow the minimap's directions to get there.
- The woman may exit your car and run away if you get into a fight with someone, but you can usually crash the car without her leaving.
- Enter the house. Once your character enters the house, the in-game camera will remain outside and a time-lapse sequence will begin while your character and the woman sleep together.
- Call your "girlfriend" at any time. Once the time-lapse sequence concludes, you will receive a notification that a new number has been added to your phone; you can call this number at any time to meet back up with your girlfriend.
- Once in your phone, the woman's number can't be removed or lost.
- You can't technically do anything with your girlfriend (e.g., go on dates) except meet up for a conjugal visit again.
- Later in the game, you can buy the strip club as Trevor. Doing so will allow you to touch and flirt with the strippers without getting kicked out.
- You can request another dance after the "Like" bar is full, which may cause an NPC to ask you to go home with them.
- Wearing a suit increases your chances of being invited back home.
- You can't take your girlfriend on dates.
- You may have to try several different NPCs before you find one who will go home with you.